Well… I didn’t win BookEnds‘ First 100 word contest… but I did come in as runner-up!
Runner-up does not come with an automatic crit or request to submit, but when I finish this story and query them with it – and I will because they are (and have been for a while) my “dream agency”, I can mention they chose it as a runner up in their Romantic Suspense category… and then cross my fingers.
What a rush it was to read the winner’s submission, the judge’s comments and then scroll down and see MY submission as one of the two runners-up! Very cool.
And in other news… I’ve been tagged by Barrie Summy. Thanks Barrie.
Honestly, when I saw I’d been tagged for meme, I had no idea what that meant. I read it and thought, “Huh?” And then I read her blog and got it. It’s not so bad actually. Though I am not a ‘chain letter’ kinda girl.
Anyhoo… Are you sitting? Are you ready?
Six random things about myself.
1. I’m a lefty.
2. Roller coasters or other rides that ‘free fall’ terrify me. Whenever I go on a ride I ALWAYS ask the attendant, “Are there any drops on this ride?”
3. I LOVE carnivals at night – the lights on all the rides and the sounds of people excitedly talking and laughing make me think all is right with the world.
4. I’m great at organizing other people’s things (throwing it all away) but suck at organizing my own.
5. I’m an animal lover through and through.
6. I break every chain letter that comes my way.
To help you decide if you’d like to be tagged, here are the Rules of Meme (sounds like a great Futuristic title, doesn’t it?):
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Thanks Barrie, this was easier than I’d thought it would be.